Fracture is the primary threat to the integrity, safety, and performance of nearly all highly stressed mechanical structures. BEASY can be used for assessing the impact of fractures and similar material damage such as corrosion pits using the principles of fracture mechanics. BEASY is a powerful tool used in industry for both fracture control applications where engineered designs focus on preventing crack propagation and applications which focus on assessing the remaining structural life of in service components.
|Typical Applications Include:|
- Flaw assessment in pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, and other structures
- Performing forensic investigations of structural failures
- Fitness for Service (API 579/BS 7910) design requirements
- Determining inspection and maintenance schedules
- Support for Structural Life Extension Programs
- Failure Investigation