The predictive capability of computational fracture mechanics is a powerful advantage to the owner or operator of a critical asset. BEASY's fracture software provides data on critical crack sizes and crack growth rates. Knowledge of both of these quantities represents critical input parameters for any inspection or maintenance planning program. It is often important to know when an asset should be removed from service or to better understand when operating loads should be reduced temporarily to facilitate a repair program. Ultimately there is a direct cost benefit associated with a properly design inspection and maintenance program not to mention the ultimate goal; availability of the asset for service.
Typical Applications Include:
- Flaw assessment in pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, and other structures
- Performing forensic investigations of structural failures
- Fitness for Service (API 579/BS 7910) design requirements
- Determining inspection and maintenance schedules
- Support for Structural Life Extension Programs
- Failure Investigation