BEASY Webinar: Using Polarization Curve Analytics to Model Atmospheric Corrosion Risk for Structures Subject to Varying Environmental Exposure
Join us for free on October 26th @ 9:00 (EDT, USA Time); 14:00 (UK Time); 15:00 (Paris Time).
An agenda for the webinar and key points on what we will discuss include:
- General functionality of the BEASY PolCurveX modeling tool
- Storage and management of experimental polarization curve data
- Deconvolution – what is it and how to perform it
- Self-corrosion calculation for individual materials
- Transforming bulk polarization curve data for thin film electrolyte applications
- Using Curve-Crossing to determine corrosion rates for galvanic couples
- A realistic case study that explores corrosion severity in different environments
BEASY Corrosion Manager enables engineers to quickly assess the risk to components and structures of galvanic corrosion and the effectiveness of surface protection systems.
Simulation is not just a design validation tool; It can provide immediate feedback on your design’s performance, enabling smarter decisions early in the development process
The software can predict the location and severity of the Galvanic Corrosion which can occur when dissimilar metals or certain types of composites (eg carbon based) are located in conjunction with each other
The geometry of the materials, the characteristics and extent of the electrolyte including thin films such as atmospheric, deep, and crevice, and the type of mitigation methods employed affect the extent and rate of corrosion. BEASY Corrosion Manager enables engineers to replace the “Find it and Fix it” approach with a “Predict & Prevent/Manage” approach based on understanding of the physics combined with the ability to predict the corrosion behaviour for a range of structures and conditions.
Because BEASY Corrosion Manager incorporates the electrochemical behaviour and geometrical effects, it is inherently more realistic, and informative, than simply comparing potential difference in the electrochemical series as required by the new MIL-STD-889.
BEASY Provides a suite of software and services to predict, manage and investigate galvanic corrosion and associated crack like defects
General Applications and Benefits
Typical applications include:
- Applications include components and assemblies of Aircraft, Marine Structures, Automobiles, and other types of vehicles.
- Predicting the location of corrosion sites and assessing the severity of the corrosion
- Identifying the location and extent of corrosion protection measures such as coatings required
- Improving and optimising designs by predicting the best material choices to minimize corrosion
- Performing Sensitivity and Parametric Studies to identify the best design options
- Perform “What If” scenarios to assess the impact of coating degradation over time and coating damage conditions
- Simulation of the time dependent effects caused by changes of corrosion of a surface finish or sacrificial coating which exposes the substrate
- More realistic, and informative, than simply comparing potential difference in the electrochemical series as required by the new MIL-STD-889
- Reduced qualification time and costs
- Polarization database populated with polarization data for many common materials
- Reduced material and process development costs
- Decreased maintenance costs
Request more information on: Galvanic Corrosion