BEASY Corrosion Manager enables engineers to quickly assess the risk to components and structures of galvanic corrosion and the effectiveness of surface protection systems.
The software can predict the location and severity of the Galvanic Corrosion which can occur when dissimilar metals or certain types of composites (eg carbon based) are located in conjunction with each other
The geometry of the materials, the characteristics and extent of the electrolyte including thin films such as atmospheric, deep, and crevice, and the type of mitigation methods employed affect the extent and rate of corrosion. BEASY Corrosion Manager enables engineers to replace the “Find it and Fix it” approach with a “Predict & Prevent/Manage” approach based on understanding of the physics combined with the ability to predict the corrosion behaviour for a range of structures and conditions.
Because BEASY Corrosion Manager incorporates the electrochemical behaviour and geometrical effects, it is inherently more realistic, and informative, than simply comparing potential difference in the electrochemical series.
|BEASY Provides a suite of software and services to predict, manage and investigate galvanic corrosion and associated crack like defects.|
General Applications and Benefits
Typical applications include:
- Applications include components and assemblies of Aircraft, Marine Structures, Automobiles, and other types of vehicles.
- Predicting the location of corrosion sites and assessing the severity of the corrosion
- Identifying the location and extent of corrosion protection measures such as coatings required
- Improving and optimising designs by predicting the best material choices to minimize corrosion
- Performing Sensitivity and Parametric Studies to identify the best design options
- Perform “What If” scenarios to assess the impact of coating degradation over time and coating damage conditions
- Simulation of the time dependent effects caused by changes of corrosion of a surface finish or sacrificial coating which exposes the substrate
- More realistic, and informative, than simply comparing potential difference in the electrochemical series.
- Reduced qualification time and costs
- Polarization database populated with polarization data for many common materials
- Reduced material and process development costs
- Decreased maintenance costs
Request more information on: Galvanic Corrosion