|Predict corrosion related electric and magnetic signatures of naval vessels|
The design of a cathodic protection system is of great interest to defence organisations, not only to ensure the integrity of the vessel, but also because it contributes to the electric and magnetic signature of the vessel.
In order to control the signatures and to preserve the integrity of a vessel, it is essential to be able to predict the impact of the design and operation of the Cathodic Protection system on the electric and magnetic fields.
BEASY Signature management solutions provide a comprehensive solution for engineers wishing to predict and manage corrosion related electric and magnetic fields. Corrosion related electric (UEP) and magnetic fields (CRM) have an important role in the design of naval vessels and their associated signatures.
The software can predict the electric fields flowing through the seawater surrounding a ship and the associated magnetic fields. The BEASY Corrosion and CRM software tools have been developed to support the needs of its large user base which consists of most of the world’s navies, maritime defence organisations and their supply chain.
|Predicted combined corrosion related corrosion related magnetic signature and ferromagnetic signature|
In addition to the detailed modelling tools supplied by the signature management software a comprehensive toolkit is available to Optimise ICCP designs and signatures simulate ICCP controllers and their interactions and perform conceptual studies. BEASY is an industry leader and proven technological champion for corrosion related signature prediction and management.
It is important to note that UEP and CRM signatures exist even in the absence of a cathodic protection system. They are caused by the galvanic potential differences between the metallic structures in contact with the sea water. For example, the relative position in the electrochemical table of steel and bronze provides a sufficient driving potential to create an electric field.
Software SolutionsSignature Management Software Read More
Consultancy ServicesSignature Management Consultancy Services Read More
General applications and Benefits
Typical applications include:
Using the BEASY CRM signature management tools the engineer can:
- Achieve a balanced CP (Sacrificial & ICCP) design by ensuring the correct level of protection while minimising the signature
- Identify optimum anode and reference electrode locations and settings
- Quickly investigate conceptual (dipole) type models and match models to ranging data
- Predict and understand ELFE ripples in the signature
- Investigate ICCP control system designs (using the ICCPSim software)
- The BEASY Corrosion and CRM software provides, in one detailed model, an integrated approach to predicting the both the Underwater Electric Potential (UEP) and the Corrosion Related Magnetic (CRM) field.
- Three dimensional modelling of the vessel and the surrounding seawater, seabed etc provides more accurate signature predictions
- The impact of the signature of changes in the CP system design, depth of the sea water, sea bed resistivity and the condition of the vessel can be predicted.
Request more information on: Signature Management